Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Power of a Piggy Bank

Quinn has two piggy banks. One was a gift from one of my sweet co-workers, Cristen. She and I were "neighbors" at school for several years until I had to switch rooms. She decorated the piggy bank for Quinn. The other was a bank we bought for Quinn the Christmas I was pregnant with him. Since I had a due date of January 5th, we had given consideration to the fact that he could come early, potentially being here in time for Christmas. So that year we bought a couple of "just-in-case" presents...one of them being this piggy bank. We chose one with a fire truck on it (of course) and had his name painted on it. Both of these banks are in his room.

Throughout the year, Buddy and I put a lot of our pocket change into these banks. Sometimes when Grandma and Grandpa, or Nana and Papa come, they pull out their wallets so Quinn can "feed" his piggy. Then each year, I plan to empty the banks and roll the money to put in his savings account. I did this last year too.

I just emptied out both banks, sorted the coins, and rolled them. I've got $49.10 to put in his savings account. It's amazing how those pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and even dollars add up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

His "little prince" star bank at my house is almost full again. Will have to bring the money next time we come. Most of the time I get between $25 and $30 for him. Pocket change can add up in no time. Love you, Quinn.

Grandma

Kim said...

Love those piggy banks. I have not counted Claire's in some time. Great idea.

How fitting for his firetruck piggy bank! Cute!

Angie Tullock said...

those are the cutest piggy banks:) We gave one to a very special little girl!