Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our First Family Christmas

I have always loved Christmas. The special songs at church, the beautiful decorations, and the fun times spent with family at all the different events. This year had all those things, but it did have one new thing....Quinn!! It was so special to see Christmas in his eyes. At 11 and a half months, he may not understand all that is going on, but he is able to have fun. Next year, I'm sure, will be even better.

I thought I would share a few memories from this Christmas.



This is a picture of me with the Moravian Star we got my FIL for Christmas present. Unfortunately it was too large to take with us, so I took this picture to show him his present.

This next picture is of the Christmas tree at my cousin's house. We have a tradition every year of spending Christmas Eve at their house. We have a huge dinner with my grandmother's brothers, sisters, their kids, their grand-kids, and for some, their great-grand kids. This would be 65 people total, although not everyone can come each year. The majority of these people live in my hometown in SC, but some live out of state and can't always be there. Each family brings a dish and we exchange presents for kids under age 12. As a cousin, it's always a sad time when you "age out" and can no longer get presents, but it's fun watching the babies open theirs.

This next picture is what Quinn saw on Christmas morning when he woke up. The pile by the couch is what Mom and Dad and Santa brought.


Here is Quinn on Christmas morning, enjoying some milk. Check out those special Christmas Jammies!

Here is Quinn playing with some of his new toys. The activity table is from Santa, and the rest from Mommy and Daddy!

Here is my father in law cooking up a Christmas breakfast of French toast, Sausage, and other yummies.

And here is Quinn eating it! We had a great Christmas and hope you all did too!

No comments: