Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Remembering 2008

Oh my goodness, where does the time go? It seems like yesterday I was sitting here wondering when my baby would be born, and today I was filling out invitations for his 1-year birthday party!

2008 has been a wonderful year for our family. I spent the first 8 days of the year hugely pregnant, and the 9th day of the year was the day the Lord gave us Quinn! (I think that was the longest day of the year, as I labored for over 12 hours...and still had a c-section.)

January was a sleepless month, as you can imagine. I cherish in my heart the memories of sitting with this precious tiny baby, holding him in my arms, and not ever wanting to put him down.

February and March I spent loving on my little boy while on maternity leave.

April and May were spent finishing up the school year.

June, July, and August were wonderful months, spent watching Quinn learn to sit up, crawl, and eat "real food".

September and October seemed to blur by, as I dealt with a new school year, a very active, crawling baby, and Buddy's job got very busy.

November was spent being Thankful for a wonderful year.

December is now in its last hours, but another month filled with memories of watching Quinn take his first steps...yes, at 11 months!

I can hardly believe that 2009 will be here in just a little bit. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless our family as we strive to follow His plans for us. I pray that you and your family will be blessed in 2009, as well!

No comments: