Sunday, March 4, 2012

Getting Ready for Baby Jacob

A couple of weeks ago, we started getting the nursery ready for Baby Jacob's arrival.  I saved almost EVERYTHING from when Quinn was a baby, so most of what we had to do involved going into the attic and getting things down.

I decided to use the same bedding ensemble, which eliminated the need to repaint the room.

The only new thing we had to do was put Jacob's name on the wall.  I painted the letters the same color I used for Quinn's name.  Buddy and I were in the midst of getting them hung on the wall when we heard Quinn ask what we were doing. We told him and he said "I'll be right back." He ran out and came back with his toy hammer because he wanted to do this:



Quinn couldn't quite figure out why his plastic hammer wasn't getting the nails hammered in, but the idea that he wanted to help us was so sweet!  He is going to be one amazing big brother!  I cannot wait to see what he thinks of Baby Jacob, who will be here in about 3-4 weeks!!!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Awwwww...so sweet that he wanted to help! And it's awesome that all you had to do was go into the attic and pull out all of Quinn's things!

Anonymous said...

The nursary looks great and what a blessing it will be to have Baby Jacob. Quinn is going to be a great big brother.

Love you all
Mama/Grandma