Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day Just For Me!

Today was the best day.  I was at work when I got a random text from Buddy, asking me if I had any plans for after school.  Normally I have a meeting or some things I need to do, but today I was actually free as a bird.  I told him so, and later in the day, I got another text.  This time he asked if I could run an errand for him.  I'm always happy to help, since I work not far from many of the places we need to go to, and his projects are often too far for him to do the errands himself. 

But this errand request was pretty odd.  He texted me an address, told me to go there, tell them who I was, and they would get me what I needed.  I was teaching, so it wasn't until after school that a chance to look up the address so I would know where I was going and how to get there.

Boy, was I surprised!  The address was to a hair salon...the errand was that Buddy had arranged a pampering afternoon for me.  I got my hair highlighted, cut and styled, and he had made all the plans without me knowing!  Usually he can't keep a secret, but he certainly surprised me today.

No comments: