Saturday, June 1, 2013

Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches

I love reading MoneySavingMom's blog. She has linked to this recipe several times and I always have wanted to try it. It looked interesting enough, easy enough, and I needed something to make for Big Breakfast at church.

Here is my version of a certain restaurant's "Ham/Egg/Cheese/Muffin Sandwich"....you know the one I mean!

You need
12 English Muffins
12 slices of cheese (American or Cheddar)
12 eggs
12 slices of ham (optional, but I prefer it this way.)
1 muffin tin

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Lightly spray each muffin tin. Crack an egg into each muffin tin. Put in oven and bake 15-20 minutes; slightly less time if you don't mind a runny egg.
3. Slice open each English muffin; lay out on pan to toast. You can toast these the while the eggs are cooking.

When these steps are done, it should look like this.

 
 
4. Place a slice or two of ham on the bottom of a muffin.  Add the egg, with the slice of cheese on top.
 
 
 
5. Eat and enjoy! Or you can wrap them in wax paper and freeze individually. I've not done this step yet but the original link says not to microwave for reheating, but to use the oven.
 
PS.....these went over very well at Big Breakfast. I cut them all in half, so out of 24 servings, I came home with 3.  Not bad!

No comments: