Sunday, October 26, 2008

Growing like a weed

The whole time I was pregnant and buying things for Quinn before he was born, people told me if I liked something, buy it bigger because babies outgrow things so fast.

So back in September, I saw the cutest Halloween costume for Quinn at Target. A green dragon, complete with a spiky tail and wings. I bought a 0-9 month size, since he would be in the 9month range in October. I double-checked the tags and he fit right in the weight suggestion too. We put him in it and it fit, but seemed small. We assumed it was because he had on pajamas when we tried it on him.

We tried it on again tonight, just to make sure it still fit.

NOPE!! We couldn't get it over his shoulders. Oops.

So we rushed over to Babies-R-Us hoping to find something on clearance, since Target had no more dragon suits. We found a black spider costume for 40% off. We were telling the ladies at the checkout counter about why we were buying another costume. They told us the costumes would be on super-clearance tomorrow, but they felt so bad about the situation that they gave us the deal early! We ended up spending $4.50 on a $30 costume!

Stay tuned for pictures later this week!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Cool deal! Missed you yesterday!

Kim said...

What a bargin! Funny thing before Claire was born my sister bought her a M&M outfit to wear, the size was 9 months. She is now 18 months old and finally is wearing it for this year's costume although it is still a little big on her. Quinn will soon catch up with her! He will be the cutest spider ever with that sweet smile of his.

Anonymous said...

Awww! I can't wait to see pictures of SpiderQuinn. He will be adorable. hmmmm...maybe I should figure out a way to post adorable "little Kimmie" halloween pictures on your blog. I have a couple that are priceless. :) hehehe Aunt Louanne