Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad Things Come in Threes....

That's what Mama always says....Bad things come in threes.

Today started off as a normal day. Got up, dropped off Quinn, went to work. Today's a teacher work day so I was hoping to get a lot of stuff done...mainly report cards. Then the office called my classroom saying that they had a phone call for me.

Bad Thing #1:
It was one of the directors from the daycare calling to tell me that Quinn had fallen into one of the shelves and bumped his lip and it was bleeding. Apparently he had pulled up on a shelf and slipped. I guess his mouth was open when he slipped because he bumped the little flap of skin that holds your upper lip to your gums. IT bled a lot, the teachers fixed it, he took a nap and slept off the drama. Now he's back to normal, yet slightly swollen.

So I continue my day and decide for lunch I would do what normal people do and go grab a bite. A lot of people forget that being a teacher means that your lunch every day involves being stuck in a loud room with about 75-100 children....doesn't make for a very calming, eating environment. So I decided to drive up the road to the Wendy's.

Bad Thing #2:
I am sitting at the red light waiting. As it turns green, I can't go forward due to about 7 cars being in front of me. The guy behind me doesn't realize that, and starts to go, hitting me from behind. Luckily he barely tapped me, and there's not much damage done to either car. We did do the right thing and called the police, exchanged information, the usual.

So I get my lunch, finish the day at school, pick up Quinn and head home. I was looking forward to the yummy smells that would be waiting for me, since I put dinner in the crockpot to cook this morning.

Bad Thing #3:
The crockpot scorched the food. Ugh. I even had it set to the appropriate temperature. I've made this particular recipe a million times. Some things you can cook in the crockpot are good all year long. This one is one of those crockpot meals that are only-good-on-a-super-cool-day. Today is just cold enough that it would have tasted so good. I tried a tiny bite and it has a scorched taste to it as well.

The best part of the day is the fact that I've had my 3 things go wrong. And if Mama is right (as she usually is) I should be ok for a while!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally you admit that your Mom is right some of the time. Never thought I would hear that!!!

So glad Quinn is ok and that you are too.

See you Soon

Mom

Heather said...

I hope your day goes better tomorrow. I never heard the three rule,interesting.

Pam said...

How about sharing that recipe...minus the scorching? I love to use the crock pot.

Beth Cotell said...

Well, I hope Friday was better for you! It sounds like things could only improve!