Saturday, November 1, 2008

So Much Love

I read an article in our local paper the other day that really made me think.

The article told about how police had to shut down part of an interstate so that a mother bear could rescue her cub, who had been hit by a car. Apparently the cub was already dead, but the mother bear didn't realize that yet. She just knew her cub was hurt and she wanted to get to it. She had tried a couple of times to get to it, but couldn't due to the large volume of traffic. The article doesn't say how the police got involved, but I guess someone must have called and reported it.

So, the police shut down an interstate for 20 minutes so she could get to her cub and pull it off the highway. The article also said that when she realized the cub was dead, she would eventually leave it behind.

It just made me think about the love a parent has for their child. This mother bear was risking her life to get to her baby, just as any of us human parents would do for our own child. She was determined to help her baby no matter what the cost. How many of us feel that way about our children? All of us!

All this led me to think, that no matter how much this bear loved her cub, or how much I love Quinn, God loved me so much more. So much, that He gave his ONLY Son to die for me, so that I would have life eternal with Him in Heaven one day.

Just remember this: When you think you couldn't love someone more than you do, God loves you more than that!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love this post! So sweet,thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

It really is amazing how much God loves us. We can't even comprehend it.