Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jesus Loves the Little Children

On Friday afternoon I got a phone call. Given the time of day, I assumed it was Buddy calling to say he was on his way home. Instead I heard the voice of one of my nephews, Evan.

(Ok...let me clarify. Technically this is Buddy's nephew, since he's the one with sisters, but I fit in with this family so well, that his dad says he has 4 daughters, not 3! And let me go ahead and say that there are 8 grandkids all together. Six of them are the "older" ones, with Quinn and his cousin David coming in seven years after the rest. Evan is the youngest of the six older ones.)

Here he is. Doesn't he look like a miniature Buddy?


So here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hello?
Evan: Hey, this is Evan. Is Uncle Buddy there? I wanted to tell you and him something.
Me: No, he's not home from work yet, but you can tell me anything you want.
Evan: I just wanted to tell you guys that I got saved last night!

What an awesome phone call! Of course, Uncle Buddy called him later on to get the good news for himself. Buddy's sister, Fran, told me that after she and her husband prayed with Evan, he said "I feel like a bunch of rocks have been lifted off my back!" I guess even an almost-9-year-old can carry the weight of sin.

Please pray for Evan as he begins his Christian walk. Pray for him to keep his childlike faith in the Lord as he grows up. Pray for his parents, Fran and Brian, and his older sister, Mackenzie, to continue to help him grow in his faith.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wonderful news!!!!
I love my niece and nephew as if they were my own too.
and he looks like Buddy, your right!

Kim said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.