Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So Happy Together....AGAIN!!!!

This has been the best day....our little family is back together! For those of you who don't know me in real life, my husband has been working 3rd shift for the past six weeks. He was assigned this project, and Sunday night was his last night of this craziness! Woo Hoo!!!!

I have to admit now...I totally admire single mothers for all that they have to do, as that's what I felt like. A married "single mom". Buddy and I were basically shadows passing in the hallway. He would come home (hopefully) before Quinn and I left for school. He would be waking up when we would get home in the afternoon. Some days he didn't even get home until 8am. And some days he went in as early as 7pm. And, this was a 7-day-a-week project, so he didn't even have the weekends to recuperate.

I am so proud of him for making this sacrifice, considering what the alternatives could have been. Watching him switch from 'normal' hours to night shift hours was hard. Watching him lose 15-20 pounds was hard. (He's not a breakfast person, so he wouldn't eat supper with us when he first woke up. Some mornings he came home so tired he went straight to bed. So basically he lived on ham sandwiches and hard-boiled eggs and energy drinks.) Watching him miss out on time with us was hard. Watching Quinn, who couldn't understand why Daddy left at play time, was hard, too.

I've missed my husband over these past few weeks. It was a very tough time for all of us and I am so glad it is over. Here is a picture of us from our walk tonight. My neighbor took the picture for us, and that is our house in the background. (Notice the grass is cut...thanks to Buddy...who was actually eager to get back to yard work). (And also notice that I am wearing shorts that fit me 2 summers BEFORE Quinn was born...woo hoo!!)
I can't see me loving nobody but you, for all my life.
When you're with me, baby, the skies will be blue, for all my life.
Me and you and you and me
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
SO HAPPY TOGETHER!!!!!
Lyrics by: The Turtles

5 comments:

Pam said...

Praise the Lord! He brought you through this trial!

Ashley Beth said...

Yea! Glad Buddy is back on normal time. You look great by the way!!

Andrea said...

glad to see things back to normal!!!

Diane Teague said...

So glad you have your BUDDY back.

Angie Tullock said...

Happy for your family!