Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sharing Songs for Easter....part four

Another song I love to hear, no matter when I hear it is "Arise my Love" by NewSong.  The
first time I heard this song was when the interpretive movement team at my church performed to this song. They would dress like mimes (without the white faces)...all black with white gloves. They "acted" out the song while using sign language. The youth pastor dressed in all white with white gloves and was the part of God in the song. I can't describe this and do it justice, but anytime I hear this song, I can see the performance in my head.

"Arise My Love" by NewSong
Not a word was heard at the tomb that day.
Just shuffling of soldiers feet as they guarded the grave.
One day, two days, three days had past.
Could it be that Jesus breathed His last?


Could it be that His Father had forsaken him?
Turned his back on his son despising our sin.
All hell seemed to whisper 'Just forget Him, He's dead.'
Then the Father looked down to his son and he said..


Arise, My love. Arise, My love.
The grave no longer has a hold on you
No more death's sting; No more suffering


Arise...Arise...my love.


The Earth trembled and the tomb began to shake,
and like lightening from Heaven the stone was rolled away.
And as dead man the guards they all stood there in fright
As the power of love displayed its might


Then suddenly a melody filled the air
Riding wings of wind, it was everywhere
The words all creation had been longing to hear
The sweet sound of victory, so loud and clear.


Arise, my love. Arise, my love.
The grave no longer has a hold on you.
No more death's sting no more suffering
Arise...arise....


Sin, where are your shackles?
Death, where is your sting?
Hell; has been defeated.
The grave could not hold the king!!


Arise, My love. Arise, My love.
The grave no longer has a hold on you
No more death's sting; No more suffering
Arise....Arise....Arise

"Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you while he was still with you: The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified, and on the third day be raised again!" Luke 24: 5b-7

No comments: