Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sliding Into Some Fun Times

We decided last weekend to get Quinn a swing set for the back yard. He had a swing hanging from our big walnut tree, but it's one you use for babies and little toddlers, the kind you strap them in to.  Quinn is much too big for that. Our yard isn't that big, so the wooden ones are just too much for our yard. I found a good deal on one with a big slide and a few swings, so we got that. 

One of the many things I love about my husband is how good he is with tools and completing projects. He is manly enough to come up with ideas in his head and build them (for example, the sandbox), but he is smart enough to know when he should consult the instructions (the crib, the swing).















Here are a couple of pictures of the swing set in its stages of completion.
















Quinn's absolute favorite thing is to slide down the sliding board, so needless to say, it was the first thing he tried out when we brought him outside to play.





























Quinn has learned a new way to swing at school...on his tummy. And he wasted no time in showing us this cool move.















After a few minutes of tummy swinging, he looked up at me and said "Mommy would you push me....pwease?!?"















I think the only way we could have had any more fun was if the swings would hold the weight of an adult...because I love to swing.

I love this boy and can't wait for the hours of fun we will have this summer playing on the new swings and slide!


No comments: