Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Art Show by Quinn

I wanted to share some of Quinn's latest art projects. He has made these at school over the past few weeks.

The first one happens to be my favorite. Miss Lottie, his teacher, put some glue on a paper plate and then each child got a handful of tissue paper, the same kind you would use in gift bags. They got to crumple the paper, smush it up, etc, and then put it wherever they wanted to on the glue. Apparently Quinn liked the glue, until he realized his hands were sticky. And no, he did NOT eat any!!

Here is Quinn's creation.


This next one was done with red finger paint and sponges. I think it is very ironic that Quinn chose a dinosaur, as so many of his outfits that were my favorite had a dinosaur on them. Anyway, he created this, and then Miss Lottie let them get the paint on their hands and put a hand print.



Finally, this is what Quinn thought an Easter Bunny would look like. He put the eye on himself, and also helped with the tail.

6 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

What great artwork! Don't you just love it when they bring home cute things from school?

Diane Teague said...

Art to treasure. He did a great job. Your refrigerator will be covered soon.

Angie Tullock said...

Is your refrigerator decorated with arts and crafts? We used to cover ours completely with Rachael's artwork from school. Now we just see ball schedules on the refrigerator...

Andrea said...

I LOVED art work from my two when they were younger. Not that I don't now, but the older they get the more "realistic" the drawings are. I loved watching them make crafts and creating their own with THEIR own imaginations. I loved that the eyes were sometimes on the stomachs, or the feet were sometimes on their head!! Or that a dog looked more like a blob with one eye, ha!! I've kept a lot of their work and it is in the process of being framed and hung up in the playroom as a reminder of their toddler minds.

Thanks for sharing this post, it brought back lots of memories for me and also reminded me to get the frames, ha!

Anonymous said...

How very precious!!!!!. Looks like Grandpa, Grandma, Papa and Nana need to save their pennies for Art School.

Love you all

Mom

kschase said...

How neat. He must get his artistic qualities from your side of the family. We Staton's are not very artsy.