Thursday, January 13, 2011

Redneck Sledding

In Eastern NC, the land is as flat as it can be, yet these people still want to go sledding when it snows. And when it snows 8-10 inches in one day, you really feel the need to be out in the snow playing and sledding.


I can hear you asking "But how can you go sledding if the land is flat?"


Let me show you!


My nephew calls this "Redneck Sledding"...I call it resourceful!


First of all, you get all bundled up in snow gear. Or if you're like me, you have none, so you borrow your brother-in-law's hunting suit. Ed's hunting suit was last year's hunting suit....the one he wore BEFORE he lost about 100 pounds. So if it was too big for him, you can imagine how huge it was on me....but I will admit, it did serve it's purpose...I was warm and DRY!




I have never worn so much camo in my life!



Then you take a 4-wheeler and a rope. You tie the top of a trash can to the rope. Then you sit on the trash can lid, while the 4-wheeler slings you around the yard.





It can be a little problematic, if you are as tall as Buddy, but if you want to have fun, you make yourself fit.







And just before it's over, you take a victory lap on the 4-wheeler yourself!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like lots of fun.