Friday, June 15, 2012

Making Muffin Memories

I am finally home for Summer Break. Quinn has already been enjoying time away from school, having both Nana and Grandma/Grandpa stay at his house and spending time with Aunt Dawn. Now the boys and I can enjoy some time together for several weeks before we start the process all over again.

I thought for our first day together, I would make Quinn muffins for breakfast.

The one thing I will always ALWAYS remember about Quinn's childhood is that for the longest time (and even now to an extent) he believed that muffins were really cupcakes!  When he moved up to the 2 year old class at his old daycare, parents started bringing cupcakes for their child's birthday. After several of these days within a month or so, I happened to make muffins one morning for breakfast. Quinn saw them and said "Oh Mommy, thank you for da cupcake!"

Muffin? Cupcake?

What's the difference?  Just a layer of frosting!

Quinn has been asking to help in the kitchen more often, and I finally remembered to take a picture or two.  (Please excuse the messy kitchen!!)

Quinn's a pretty tall boy for his age, but he still has to have the step stool.  He helps by getting 2 spoons (so we can each stir), and getting the milk out of the refrigerator. He also helps me pour the milk.


And now the reason for two spoons.  It's not because Quinn doesn't know how to share.

It's because of what he does while I'm still stirring!


He always wants to "lip" it, aka (lick it).

And just as a disclaimer, no eggs were harmed in the making of these muffins!  Trust me, I've had salmonella related food poisoning due to bad chicken and it was terrible for me as an adult. There is no way I would inflict that on my child due to bad eggs.  (Although I can't tell you the amount of raw cake batter, cookie dough, etc I "helped" my mom with over the years and I never once got sick from it.)

Muffin Memories are what life is made of!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really brings back memories of Quinn's dad helping me in the kitchen. So glad you were able to capture this moment. It looks like Quinn is enjoying this. Love ya