Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sick Day / Work Day

This week I had a couple of days without my students.  The end of 2nd quarter combined with the Martin Luther King holiday gave me an extra-long weekend.  Quinn's school was also closed Monday so I was looking forward to a nice "Mommy and Me" day with the boys.

Life, as always, had other plans.

Quinn developed a cough over the weekend, and we were pretty concerned. Buddy listened to Quinn with our stethoscope and thought he could hear wheezing. By Monday morning, I knew it was time to head to the doctor. At least I didn't have to make sub plans.

The doctor also heard the wheezing and insisted that Quinn take a breathing treatment before we could leave.  We've been down this road once before, but he was so little, I doubt he remembers it.  We ended up with orders to continue these treatments 4 times a day for the next two weeks.

The rest of Monday he was so pitiful, just laying around on the couch.  If you know Quinn, you know this is not his typical behavior.  Tuesday, I decided to keep him with me.  He doesn't have his preschool class on Tuesday, and I had to be in my classroom anyway, so I took Jacob to Nana Susan's and Quinn went with me to work.

I took our big orange afghan and that was his "resting spot".  Fuzzy Buddy came along too. He chose several VeggieTales and other videos and he watched them on my big screen.



I stopped working a few times to give him his breathing treatment and by the end of the day, he was perking up.  I guess he could breathe easier!  So I could get the last of my work done, I turned off the videos and put on a website that the Kindergarten teachers use and let Quinn play with my big board.  He was quite the natural!


He has already asked to go back to my school...."It's so much fun in your class Mommy!"

No comments: