Monday, January 14, 2013

Teaching with Technology

Last week my 5th grade teaching team received some excellent news.  Our new technology would be arriving very soon.

This year, NC is administering all of the Science End of Grade tests online.  In order to accomodate this, my county arranged a grant and the result was all teachers of science would receive a laptop cart and enough laptops for all the students in their class. Since fifth graders take an EOG in science, all 5th grade teachers in my county got a cart.  This cart stays in my classroom and the laptops are just for us. The other 4 teachers on my team got the same setup.  These are top-of-the-line computers, and are on a 3-year lease, so on the 4th year, we get all new computers.

I can't wait to enhance my teaching with this new technology!!

No comments: