Monday, March 2, 2009

Now this is what I call a SNOW DAY!!

I have mentioned before how much I like snow days.
Finally, we actually got a snow day WITH SNOW!!!
I thought this day would never come. In fact, I haven't seen this much snow since we moved away from South Carolina. Our first winter being married, it snowed about 8 inches and we walked to Walmart from our apartment, slipping and sliding on the ice. So much fun.

Anyway, for about 3 days they have forecasted "4-6 inches of snow". I thought, yeah right. They've told us this before. But last night it actually snowed. A lot. About 5 inches to be exact!

We bundled Quinn up first thing this morning. Here he is with his daddy. I think I should have put a hat on both of their bald heads! Quinn is wearing his footie pajamas, a fleece pair of sweatpants, another pair of sweatpants on top of that, a fleece hoodie, his big jacket, his hat, and boots.



I tried to show Quinn some snow, but he wasn't too interested at first. He was trying to figure out what all this white stuff was.


Here he is standing in our side yard. You can see Buddy's footprints over Quinn's shoulder. We really got a good bit.


I wanted Quinn to enjoy the snow, so I gently threw a little snowball at him. I wasn't sure what he would think of it, but....


....I think he likes snow!!


After that he plopped down in a snow bank and played with the snow. Unfortunately, I did not think to buy him mittens this year...since there hasn't been any snow, so his hands got cold. We came in pretty quickly after this.


But not before getting a neighbor to take this cute picture of us together. I had fun playing with my son today in the snow. I think I'm going to buy him a snow suit on sale soon, and save it for next year...just in case!
What a fun day spent making memories. But it will be even more fun next year when he's a little bit older.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Isaac couldn't walk with the layer of clothes I had on him either.
Don't buy a snow suit. I'll give you Isaac's for next year. He won't be able to get another year out of it.And someone just gave Olivia a pink hand-me-down, because every girl needs a pink one.
If you ever have to buy a snow suit, check consignments stores in fall months. I got the one I am giving you for $3 and both boys have worn it and got two years wear a piece out of it.

Anonymous said...

Wish we could have been there to help Quinn play in the snow. Did he walk from window to window looking at the snow falling like his Grandpa??? If all goes well, we'll see you Saturday bright and early. Give Quinn hugs and kisses from his

Grandpa and Grandma

Pam said...

I wished the kids had good winter gear today, but you just never know if or when it is going to snow! We just used what we had, and had a good time, though it would have lasted had we had snowsuits. I just blogged about our winter fun. Cute pictures of Quinn, as usual!

Kim said...

What fun you had today. A nice memory! Love the pics.

Diane Teague said...

Everyone needs a Just in Case Snowsuit. I am glad Claire had one so she could enjoy the snow so much. Quinn looked like he had a fun time in the snow but tell Buddy the mother in me cringed when I saw him out there with no hat. I hope he does not catch a cold.

Great pictures! I am glad everyone enjoyed the day.